> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > arches
Login | Register


Posted by pbh on January 6th, 2003 03:05 PM

I'm opening up a doorway to be much larger, and I'm looking for an arch at the top to match the window in the room. Once I have the opening framed out, is the easiest way to create the arch to make curved pieces of plywood and screw the drywall to that? I'm thinking something that looks like a triangle, but with the hypoteneuse curved. Two in each corner on either side of the 2x4s, and then attach drywall to the curved edges (what you'd see looking up from inside the opening) and to the sides (which will be the walls in the rooms on either side)..... (hmmmm not sure if that's a clear description).



Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC