> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Aquapex is a flexible tube plumbing system...
Login | Register

Aquapex is a flexible tube plumbing system...

Posted by Jim -ATS on April 7th, 2000 01:45 PM
In reply to reliability of Aquapex - Polyethylene water pipes by Ed Stanford on April 7th, 2000 10:58 AM [Go to top of thread]

Aquapex is a product I have run into on remodel jobs, and I haven't seen it leak. I love the fact that I can go to the main service panel and turn off zones of water to work on them, it works just like an electrical panel.

People distrust things they don't understand or aren't familiar with. I would be more concerned for a home's resale value in the first 2 years after installation, than after 2 years when the reliabilty history is self-evident, but that's just my opinion.

If I were to go with such a system, I would want it installed by a plumber who knows the product well, and has experience with it, but that's true with any product. I haven't seen anything about the system itself that would encourage me not to go with it, particularly as long as you install "normal" connections at the fixtures.

The only drawbacks with plastic pipe is when you are blind drilling or nailing into a wall. The plastic pipe is barely going to squawk before you get a face full of water, unlike a copper or galv. pipe, and your studfinder isn't going to detect it either.

Best of luck to you, I hope others will add their opinions as well.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

• Aquapex by F Harbott  1/1/03 12:19 PM

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC