> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Appliance Spray paints
Login | Register

Appliance Spray paints

Posted by Steve: on December 2nd, 2001 07:29 PM
In reply to Painting a Refridgerator! by Michelle E. on December 2nd, 2001 06:03 PM [Go to top of thread]

I have sprayed many vent a hoods and one stove. It came out very well. I was surprised. I use a good quality appliance spray and the most important part of this job was the prep and the unformity in spraying.

First, you have to scrup down, use bleach, use a 409 type cleaner and then completely rinse with warm water. Then do not touch it again until its painted.

If you have ever blued a rifle barrel, its almost like this. It compares to it in the removal of oils and skin oils too.

Once its cleaned and masked taped off. then hopefully you have experimented with the spray can technique. you want to maintain the same spray distance, the same easy flow of the spray and the gentle slow sideways movement of the spray. One pause and you have a run and its ruined.

I would suggest that you practice on a piece of any slick surface and use a cheap can of any spray paint. You want to achiever a smooth pattern.

Now, if your up to this, It can be done, but takes allot of practice.

If your at all skeptical, then do as the others recommended. I am just here to tell you many people do it and many people achieve the desired results.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC