> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > apples and oranges
Login | Register

apples and oranges

Posted by bc on August 1st, 2000 06:41 PM
In reply to basement door by wilbur on August 1st, 2000 09:53 AM [Go to top of thread]

I just wonder if I've been warped by reading too many posts in all caps and missing something. I invision a stairwell coming out of the basement with a flat door (possibly wood)that that pretty much lays flat a little ways above the ground with the door sloping away from the house. You basically would have to lift it up to open it. Correct me if I'm wrong. If I'm right then fix the door leaks or replace the door and cover with a new rainproof one to keep the water and bugs out of the basement.

I further invision a drain on the inside that is either a sump drain with sump pump or a floor drain that goes to your sanitary sewer system. It is very common for sump drains to be on the inside although I know some that are putting them outside now. Either way you still need to fix the leak as well as to keep your basement from flooding if this is a sump pump drain. If this is a floor drain that goes to the sanitary sewer, you cannot move it outside to collect storm water to run into the sanitary sewer.

Contact your city inspector or a contractor to look at it.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC