> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Any Plastics Experts Out There?
Login | Register

Any Plastics Experts Out There?

Posted by Ed F on July 12th, 2002 06:38 AM

Well, not really 'plastic', but Cast Polymer (also called faux marble - the stuff many bathroom countertops are made of).

This stuff can be purchased as sheet goods (like for a shower/tub surround). During the install process, I managed to crack one of the sheets. At $200-$300 per sheet, I don't want to replace the whole thing, I'd just like to cover/seal the crack in a way that it blends - I know it won't be perfect.

The 2 pieces have been fastened to the wall, lining-up the crack as good as possible. I've thought about using a 2-part epoxy, then letting it harden and polish it out. I'd hate to have to use something like a router to cut a groove, seeing that the crack isn't a perfectly straight-line, and is approx 24" long.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC