> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > antique gas-fire radiator heaters for the home
Login | Register

antique gas-fire radiator heaters for the home

Posted by Amandre on February 9th, 2000 10:57 PM
In reply to Tammy's radiator by Pete on December 18th, 1997 03:04 PM [Go to top of thread]

I have a gas heater manufactured by A.H. Wolfe Gas Radiaotor Company in New York City, USA. The model number appears to be PO 22 but then there's another imprint that says PG 19 which I could read to mean pressure rating, but not sure... Anyway, I got this heater from a friend who was tearing down an old house.. maybe a 60's house??? and I've hooked it up and filled it up with water and fired it up. The only problem is there is a valve, around which there seemed to be a substantial amount of steam loss... I then removed this valve/screw and cleaned it out and it seems the hole is intended, but my concern is that with all the steam release, my radiator heater will become dry relatively fast = therefore, I wonder - do I have a defective valve? Do I have a heater such that I introduce water to it every hour... can I add another chemical such as antifreeze etc to retard the steam production etc... Basically, I'm hoping for a heather that is not more trouble than it's worth...

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC