> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > answer?
Login | Register

Posted by bc on March 30th, 2000 12:28 PM
In reply to Qestion for bc by Henry in MI on March 28th, 2000 05:51 PM [Go to top of thread]

I looked at the rain dispersal systems website and I'm not to impressed that it would handle the gullywashers we get. I would want to see it in the middle of one of our downpours before I would comment any further.

I am researching some vinyl siding info and will post it later up top in much greater detail but I found Wolverine's vinyl siding installation instructions on the net and for brick they recommend 1by3" stringers every 12" to 16" inches and then add plywood sheathing on to that before siding it. I can imagine the anchoring of stringers would be labor intensive but doable. Figure a ballpark price of siding materials if you DIY install at $105 for a rectangular single story ranch plus or minus per square depending upon the style of house, number of corners, windows, doors, gabels, storys, etc. The uniform building code does not require the foam backer board on exterior glued plywood sheathing and plywood is priced similarly to the backer board so stick with the $105 estimate which will all get explained in another post. I would think about adding $11 a square for tyvek or felt to go on top of the sheathing though if it were my house in a rainy and humid area but maybe not needed over brick unless it is wanted for other reasons.

Good news on TMS, it is business as usual despite the tornados in Ft. Worth. I've sat there at the track waiting while they dried it from the water coming up and wasn't the only one in the crowd who knew they needed a drain system under the track. Sat there again a year later and again wasn't the only one who had an idea about fixing the again recurring water coming up through the asphalt and this was after they spent $3/4 million to supposedly fix it(probably with some of that leaky soaker hose). I hear they may have finally got it but we'll see this weekend. My wife is going for the first time and she'll find out first hand about the miles of walking you do around these tracks and dealing with the traffic jams.

Won't make Michigan but took my 12 year old daughter to the Brickyard 400 last year. Great experience and would recommend it to anyone "once". We walked miles inside and around the place and she finally dropped on the sidewalk at the end. I probably wouldn't go back again. Had excellent pit side seats near the start/finish line but the only part of the track you can see is the part in front of you. Daytona and Talledega are at the top of my list now.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC