> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Another way
Login | Register

Another way

Posted by Mike on April 28th, 2003 06:49 AM
In reply to repairing drywall by Claire on April 27th, 2003 06:45 PM [Go to top of thread]

Some of the major home improvement stores sell patches for up to 8" x 8" areas. These patches consist of a perforated aluminum plate with fiberglass adhesive mesh tape over them. The fiberglass mesh tape extends over the aluminum piece about 4" all around. I paid $5 for one from Home Depot.

Simply remove the patch, apply it to the wall, and apply mud over it. Sand, remud over a larger area to blend the patch into the wall. I would recommend using the small abrasive sanding block (foam rubber with coarse finish).


Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC