> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Another thought....
Login | Register

Another thought....

Posted by Dodgeman on February 5th, 2001 03:24 PM
In reply to floor support by bc on February 5th, 2001 02:07 PM [Go to top of thread]

I don't think the joist's are undersized as the room is 24 ft in length and only these three joists seem to be affected. (three joists sagged, the ones next to them are level, but the floor sag starts right next to the level ones) I think it is possible that something heavy like a load of 2x4's laid there for a period of time during construction. It also rained a lot, that may have helped the joists take a set.
Anyway, I was thinking I could pull what nails I could from the topside. Then drive the subfloor level from the underside. Then I could sister 2x4's on either side of the joists to take up the gap between the 2x10's and the subfloor. Then reattach the floor to the 2x4's. That way I wouldn't have to pull and restring the wiring, as there is room above the wiring for a 3.5 inch 2x4.
What do you think? Still seems like a lot of work. I can't put any posts permanently underneath, as that is right in the middle of my workshop.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC