renovateyourworld.com > Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > another question while Im here... Metal door..want to make look stained
Login | Register

another question while Im here... Metal door..want to make look stained

Posted by Lauren on November 13th, 1999 01:46 AM

Okie,,this is a neat site what a great message board idea,,i am having a blast here!!!
Ok weird question:
I purchased a set of french doors,,, at the time i thought metal would be so wonderful as I was going to paint them, well since then I have remodled the room with stained trims etc.and now want a set of french doors in stained wood. { hey women change their minds alot} anyways, I was told by a guy at Home Depot that in the craft stores there was a product that you can use on metal making it appear stained wood..Ok after a year of looking this product has yet to be seen by me. Ok so I started working my brain... Only idea i came up with was overlaying thin wood on the metal and basically building the metal door into a wood top coat and staining.. is this totally crazy?? and has anyone ever heard of staining metal?? and lastly,, any ideas suggestions or tips?? Pleaseeeee...
signed: woman In Texas that really wants wood doors but has metal and doesnt want to buy new doors..,g>

Lauren~~

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC