> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Another Option ...
Login | Register

Another Option ...

Posted by Jay J -Moderator on January 22nd, 2001 08:49 AM
In reply to Just make a 2'box. by John 2000 on January 22nd, 2001 04:36 AM [Go to top of thread]

Hi Bill,

You'll have to excuse 'John 2000'. (I can't resist John ...) Although his idea has its merits, he's 'from another time'. ;-) If your hallway layout resembles anything like mine, your wife will use the box to stand up on and yell at ya for coming up with another idea that takes up her precious space in the house. (Like I'd have to put my 'box' where we pile our dirty clothes! (LOL)) Anyways, I wish 'I' could say I have a spare room. BUT, John is right about my use of my attic - I don't go up there that much ...

Check out these 2 links. Be sure you know your measurements of the opening, rough measurements and 'finished' measurements, so when you talk to the guy, you can tell him BOTH. This way, you'll know if you need to 'remove' any existing finished framing or not with the stairs you buy.

THere are pull downs that are ladders but 'clearance' is important. There's a good possiblity that he has the length you need BUT you need to measure if you can 'use' them in your attic. Measure as he tells you to.

Werner Ladder and Bessler Stairs

Good luck! I believe both of these mfgrs. have a pull-down stair. My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J -Moderator

PS: Hey John - Where's the '... another time' disclaimer??! (It musta been a late night ...)

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC