> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Another opportunity that may be only my machine
Login | Register

Another opportunity that may be only my machine

Posted by Moderator, Steve on August 19th, 2002 08:41 PM
In reply to New functionality to the old bulletin board by David Masher on August 19th, 2002 02:25 PM [Go to top of thread]

when I answer posts, and I am done for the day, I like to hit "refresh" key to see if my post got posted. When I hit "refresh" I go back to the new site.

In the past, I used to hit "refresh" and it would immediately post my posts and stay with this site. Any others that this happens to????

Also, if we could ammend our preamble to read also that "all caps messages" are hard to read and we advise that you refrain from this method. Something like that. I personally do not answer all cap messages because its too hard to read when reading 30 or 40 posts.

I would like for more recognition be spread around on this site. For example, Jason, Dodgeman, Harold, and all the other "regulars" carry the title besides their names "board members" or something to set them off since they are hard workers and have been with us for a long time. If this title goes with them like Moderator with me, more of the newbees will also trust and heed those peoples comments. Now, Dodgeman for instance is not known at all by a new person and would wonder who this person is. We need to set a standard so that not just anybody can carry this title and normally longetivity and respectability has to be the rule. Any one that has been with the site regularly for 6 months and has well found information should carry this new title.

Jay and I could supply you with the list of people that deserves this recognition and distinction.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC