> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Another Idea ...
Login | Register

Another Idea ...

Posted by Jay J -Moderator on January 9th, 2001 08:02 AM
In reply to Advice needed - kitchen/wall remodelling by Amy Goldenburg on January 8th, 2001 01:46 PM [Go to top of thread]

Hi Amy,

You could hire a pro to do the rough work for you. Hopefully, you'll find one that knows how to deal with load-bearing walls and any other 'issues', such as electrical or plumbing, that may 'pop up'. After that, you could do the finish work. To me, in lieu of your hesitation, you could spend 'good money' on having a pro come in.

It's just a thought. I've done it this way before I got 'better' at it. Well, in short, when there's been a load-bearing wall to deal with, I've opted for a pro to rough it out because I don't know how I'd explain to my Insurance Adjuster why the 2nd floor is now on the 1st floor.

My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J -Moderator

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC