> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Another Idea ...
Login | Register

Another Idea ...

Posted by Jay J -Moderator on January 7th, 2001 08:08 PM
In reply to Sludge in Bathroom Sink Drain Line/Sink Stopped Up by Van on January 7th, 2001 12:40 PM [Go to top of thread]

Hi Van,

If you have a Wet Vacume, first, take out the dust filter. Then, if you have something 'lying around' that will 'cap off' the Vac's hose (like for me, a cap from a bottle of Tide), take that in hand. Then, get a good length of 'old' garden hose, like about one that's about a couple of feet LONGER than the depth of your clog. Cut a hole in the cap the diameter of the hose, and stick the hose in the hole in the cap. Take some Duct Tape and put a couple of 'turns around' the cap with the hose with the tape. (Do this so air isn't sucked into the cap.) THEN, hopefully, the cap from the Tide Bottle fits right into your Wet Vac! (Well, on mine it does. Just check around the basement for something that you can use for a cap as I 'lucked out' and did.)

Turn that sucker on AFTER you've fished that garden hose down the clog. If it's as soft as you sat, try to suck it up. And periodically, shut the Vac down and use your auger again. Once you've removed some of the 'sludge', the auger might do a better job. Better yet, maybe the garden hose (with the Vac turned ON) will have enough 'draw' so you can pull that clog right on out (with the Vac on.)

Good luck! My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J -Moderator

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC