renovateyourworld.com > Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > ANOTHER DISSATISFIED STANLEY CUSTOMER
Login | Register

ANOTHER DISSATISFIED STANLEY CUSTOMER

Posted by CHERYL J TAPLEY on November 2nd, 2002 11:30 AM
In reply to Stanley garage door opener warning!!!! by Chris in Michigan on March 23rd, 2000 08:40 PM [Go to top of thread]

MY MOTHER IS 78 YRS OLD AND ON A FIXED INCOME. SHE BOUGHT A NEW STANLEY GARAGE DOOR AND GARAGE DOOR OPENER WITHIN THE PAST 2 YRS AND HAS HAD NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS WITH THE GARAGE DOOR OPENER. ACCORDING TO THE PURCHASE AGREEMENT, THE OPENER WAS TO HAVE HAD A WARRANTY ON IT AND IT SHOULD STILL BE UNDER WARRANTY. THE ONLY PROBLEM WITH THAT IS THAT MY MOM JUST FOUND OUT THAT STANLEY GARAGE DOORS AND OPENERS ARE OUT OF BUSINESS AND THERE IS NOW NO ONE TO HONOR THE WARRANTY. NOW MY MOM IS HAVING TO SPEND MONEY THAT SHE DOESN'T HAVE AND I THINK IT REALLY STINKS THAT THE ONE OF THE OTHER STANLEY DIVISIONS DOESNT PICK UP THE WARRANTIES. I KNOW THAT MY MOM ISNT THE ONLY ONE AFFECTED BY THIS UNDERHANDED MANEUVER BY STANLEY PRODUCTS AND IF THERE IS ANYONE OUT THERE THAT CAN OFFER SOME ASSISTANCE AS TO HOW TO BECOME PART OF A CLASS ACTION SUIT AGAINST STANLEY OR IF ANYONE KNOWS OF ANY COMPANY THAT WILL HONOR THE WARRANTYS ON STANLEY'S DEFECTIVE PRODUCTS - PLEASE LET ME KNOW. I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO HELP MY MOM RECOVER HER LOSES, BOTH FINANCIAL AND EMOTIONAL

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC