> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > another 100-yr-old farmhouse nut
Login | Register

another 100-yr-old farmhouse nut

Posted by Julie N. on February 20th, 2002 02:45 PM
In reply to Fixin' Up a 100 year old farmhouse in Missouri.. last hope for the house! by Sherie Roder on January 14th, 2002 01:51 AM [Go to top of thread]

My husband & I also bought an old farmhouse & some acreage just as we got married 8 years ago. He was in the middle of the deal when we got together. It is taking MUCH longer then HE anticipated, not to mention more money then he figured. But I think it will be worth it in the end.
I also thought at first we should just bulldoze it down. But one day were were caught in a sudden, violent storm. That house never so much as groaned during that storm, so I was convinced we should save it after all.
We started by completely gutting it. It is SO much easier to re-wire, re-plumb and re-insulate this way. We work on it as time and money and health permit us to. We have no set time table, just keep plugging away. It will be real cosy and secure when we're all done. I can't wait to get back to the country. I like the city, as well as the yahoos who are in charge, less each day. Good luck, keep in touch!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC