> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Animal Glue
Login | Register

Animal Glue

Posted by Robert Usher-Somers on November 16th, 2002 12:45 PM
In reply to animal glue by Lacy Allison on June 15th, 2000 09:26 PM [Go to top of thread]

I buy my animal glue, which I use for woodworking, from shops which specialise in tools for cabinet makers etc. Two shops which come to mind are: Messingers in Guildford Surrey and Buck & Ryan in Tottenham Court Road in London. Alternatively you may be able to obtain the glue direct from the manufacturer:
Liberon Waxes Limited,
New Romney, Kent, TN28 8XU.

The glue these days is in the form of little beads. I buy "Pearl glue" but I think there is another variety, perhaps finer called "rabbit glue" if I recall correctly. When I was a boy I bought it in "cakes" ie slabs about a quarter of an inch thick which you had to break before placing the pieces in the glue pot to boil. The smell is wonderful.

Good luck.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC