> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > And More ...
Login | Register

And More ...

Posted by Jay J on April 11th, 2000 08:23 AM
In reply to do you have an attorney-approval clause in contract? by regina in IL on April 10th, 2000 07:30 PM [Go to top of thread]

Ethelene and Takis,

Regina is right. One of my biggest peves is that folks will spend hundreds of thousands of dollars over 15-30 years on buying a new home and no money is spent on a Home Inspection and a Real Estate attorney.

A good home inspector, IMO, is an ASHI-Approved Home Inspector. They have certain ethics and so on. Their backgrounds are professional. Find an inspector that will give you a report ON-SITE. You don't want to wait a week or so for a report. By then, he/she's forgotton the house already! Also, if you think the bank / mortgage-company don't have attorneys looking over the paperwork on the sale of a home, you're mistaken. They do all the time, and they're in the BUSINESS of loaning $$$ for homes. So, if they make loans all the time, and they have attorneys looking at the paperwork all the time, then they must be looking over their interests! Who's over-looking your?! And you may buy a home once or twice in a lifetime.

The bank's appraiser and attorney are looking after their interest. A Home Inspector and your own attorney are looking after yours.

As an aside, if you have an attorney for your buying process, you've already retained one should there be a problem AFTER the sale too. My parents are a case-and-point where they moved 2.5 hours away and left the new buyer and my parent's attorney behind to work it out. (I'll spare the details but it got worked out and there were no attorney fees for my parents.) 'Nough said.

My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC