> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > And, I should add…
Login | Register

And, I should add…

Posted by TomR on October 27th, 1999 12:32 AM
In reply to My light switches are not normal by Erin on October 24th, 1999 11:36 PM [Go to top of thread]

My home was built in 1954, and has such a system. Mine was made by General Electric, and was called the "GE Remote Controlled Switching System." It basically was the precursor to wireless home automation we see today.

With this system, any number of switches can control a single item, be it light or whatever. We also have master switches that can turn on key lights from several points in the home (the house is very spread out), a real security feature.

Originally, when we bought the home we intended to rip it all out in favor of the more normal fair, but it’s really neat, and a conversation piece to boot. Finally, all the components are still readily available, so we’re keeping it.

Erin, if you buy the house, and if it is the same system as I have, I can provide you a copy of the installation and maintenance manuals, if you desire them. I tried to email some other specs, but your email address you entered is missing the part after the "@".

Good luck

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC