> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > And Don't Forget ...
Login | Register

And Don't Forget ...

Posted by Jay J on May 25th, 2000 02:40 PM
In reply to Power Washer by Jeff on May 25th, 2000 02:00 PM [Go to top of thread]

... To try your new power washer in Autumn. It works GREAT as an Early Fall Foliage Disrupter! It sure beats climbing the tree(s) and raking through the branches to get all the leaves to fall. (That's why they call it Fall ...)

IMO, you needn't need more than 1600-1800 PSI for home use. (You may get a different answer if you ask the neighbors who plan on helping themselves to it once they find out you got one.) But feel free to stuff as much PSI as you want into your pipe, and smoke it. You have to either limit your price when it comes to buying, or limit your PSI when it comes to buying. You either pay the price for the PSI you want, or you limit yourself to $300 and get whatever PSI you can get for $300. Either way, you should get what you pay for. As for what's a good price, again, I suggest you just shop around. Father's Day is coming. Get the Sunday newspaper and look in the Advertisement Inserts for Dad's Day Stuff. Just in today's Philadelphia Inquire (Thursday), there were inserts for Lowes and Home Depot, BOTH of them advertising PW's! You see how easy it is to shop these days?! (There was an insert for Sears too but I didn't notice if there were any PWs in it.)

I still like the PW as a Super-Soaker. If you plan on being King of the Block, get the gas-powered one. (You wouldn't want to get caught with the plug out of the electric one half-way down the block, would ya???) Have fun! My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC