> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > and check your state's regulation law
Login | Register

and check your state's regulation law

Posted by aimee on January 14th, 2001 03:52 PM
In reply to Testing ... by Jay J -Moderator on January 9th, 2001 08:37 AM [Go to top of thread]

I had a 'professional' company remove our vinyl and underlayment. They didn't do a very good job. The plastic that creates the negative air pressure field split in the middle of hte job and they didn't wipe down the pipes underneath the floor in the basement where sawdust and other debris fell. I wrangled, threatened, and cajoled them into fixing what they broke and otherwise screwed-up, BUT: I found out that in single-residence homes in our state (MN), asbestos removal is NOT regulated. If you have ANYTHING removed by 'professionals', first call your state's licensing bureau to find out how much the job is regulated. If it isn't, then it becomes DOUBLY important that you find a contractor that does the job in a manner that makes you feel safe and comfortable. Right now, I'm shaking in my boots, and will probably soon cough up a few hundred to get an air quality test to see if there's any fibers in the air...and whether I have to seek legal redress for the contractors' work. good luck to you! just be informed--its the best preventative medicine.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC