> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > An Option ...
Login | Register

An Option ...

Posted by Jay J -Moderator on October 21st, 2002 07:04 PM
In reply to foundation movement by Juanita Anabel Cruz on October 21st, 2002 03:48 PM [Go to top of thread]

Hi Juanita Anabel Cruz,

Since the city is willing to work w/you on fixing the foundation, why don't you spring for the cost to have a Structural Engineer do an assessment of the foundation? For a few 100 $$$s, I would think that it would be CHEAP as far as any cost to you to have your foundation fixed. Worst case - If the city doesn't fix it, you'll know EXACTLY where the house 'sits'.

My best to ya and hope this helps.

PS: If you have any other concerns about the overall condition of the home, I'd consider hiring a Home Inspector that has 'contacts' with experts such as Structural Engineers, and the like.

Jay J -Moderator

PPS: God Bless America!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC