> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > An Eat-In Kitchen ?
Login | Register

An Eat-In Kitchen ?

Posted by Jay J on June 6th, 2000 01:44 PM
In reply to Vinyl by Jason on June 6th, 2000 01:03 PM [Go to top of thread]

... Or is the Dining Room separated from the Kitchen by, say, a doorway? If there are no walls between the 2, I can see why you want to do what you want to do. But then, if the rooms were separated by a wall/doorway, then you have 2 different, distinct rooms. So, I'll ask - What exactly is the room set-up (or is it really moot based on what I've already said?)

In any event, yes, doing the seams are tricky. BUT, there are seam sealers that do the job well. Of course, you are to use what the mfgr. recommends. Otherwise, you can VOID the warranty. You use the glue and floor leveler recommended by the mfgr. too. It may cost you more $$$ but if you keep your receipts and maybe even take pictures, you won't VOID your warranty. In fact, my seams are 4 years old and we have an awful lot of traffic in our kitchen. One, and I say one, of the keys to seams is their location. The 2nd key is sealing them. If it costs more $$$ to have the seams 'away' from where there's a lot of walking, then that's what's done.

If you have more info, I'm listening ...

Jay J

PS: If you have an eat-in kitchen and would consider vinyl, then you could pay a pro to do the seams. It's just an option to consider. BUT, as I mentioned earlier, if vinyl is moot, I won't recommend hardwood in the kitchen at all. I'm sure others can recommend otherwise ...

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC