Login | Register

Posted by JIM CATANIA on December 17th, 2002 07:33 AM
In reply to American Craftsman Windows by Christopher Lahey on August 26th, 2002 09:19 AM [Go to top of thread]

I purchased 16 of the 8500 series windows, gas filled with lowE glass and all the other crap they say you need to have a really good window.I replaced an old set of pella's which was 26years old because I figured they were long over due.I was informed the seals were shot do to their age. I went to Home Depot and got the sales pitch on their BEST VINYL WINDOW with a LIFETIME WARRANTY!!! so I bought them. I installed them in the spring and didn't notice a problem untill the first cold days set in and all of a sudden,These windows have a CONDENSATION PROBLEM!!You can't Imagine All Around the latch where the upper and lower window meet and alond the outside edge of the windows, and being only 6to10 months old I've come to the conclusion that These wiwere POORLY ASSEMBLED! To make a lond story short I got SCREWED!!!! You don't have to. BEWARE of HOME DEPOT"S BULL**** LINE OF THEIR GREAT WINDOWS!!!!!!! Personally I wouldn't put these windows on my DOGS HOUSE!So BE smart, Don't make the same mistake that I did. Buy a window from a REPUTABLE COMPANYlike Anderson or Pella and spend the money once If you think your saving money at Home Depot Wait untill you have to Replace ONE YEAR OLD windows with New ones Them You'll see Just How Much you saved. And if you try to contact the company or get someone to help you,You've got a better chance of finding JIMMY HOFFA.In ending I would just like to say that you'll be fine as long as you always remember that AMERICAN CRAQFTSMAN WINDOWS ****!!!!!!!!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC