> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Amazing!
Login | Register

Posted by JackD on May 5th, 2001 07:33 PM
In reply to House by PhoenixFire on May 5th, 2001 12:21 PM [Go to top of thread]

Phoenix, "Thanx for the scare tactics and no help". You were given good advice, several comments and about all the assistance that could be given without being there. But, I'll just throw in my two cents, even though you've decided to buy the house anyway. Anything built by man can be repaired. It's just a matter of economics, time, money and manhours. I've built from the ground up, repaired and inspected for years and from what you've told us about this house, I'm not sure I'd take it if it was given to me under the conditions you described. There are molds out there that once they get into the wood, require removal of the wood. You say you'll get your money back, but then you state that the houses in the neighborhood are lowering their price? If you have nothing else, you will have the double brick walls that you're so enamored with. As an inspector, I couldn't tell people not to purchase a house but I would put enough comments on the report so that if it ever went to court, they'd know I did everything but rip the checkbook out of their hands. The "last" thing we want to do is scare you out of buying your dream home. Just remember that all dreams aren't pleasant. You get what you pay for and a lot of people before you decided not to pay. I'd be changing my pants about now. From the way you described the house, I believe your knowledge of construction, contractor negotiations and dwindling bank accounts is about to increase ten fold. Just my thoughts. I sure hope it isn't as bad as you described and that it works out for you. We've done all we can for you. Drop by the new forum after you purchase and have problems and maybe the ones that are staying can help you.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC