> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Am I explaining this right?
Login | Register

Am I explaining this right?

Posted by Boyd on July 13th, 2000 04:11 PM
In reply to (Ooops!!!) by Jay J on July 13th, 2000 02:27 PM [Go to top of thread]

I just thought that I am not explaining this well at all!!! I am sorry. These gaps are not the wood moved apart, but the wood over the top of the grooves breaking out. I think a lot of them came out over the past 100 years of abuse. This is an old tavern, and probably had a lot of snow and water tracked in and a lot of real rough stuff going on. It doesn't appear to have hardly any finish left on it at all! The climate is well controled now and has modern heat, air cond. etc. I have wood floors in my house just two blocks away with the same environment that are just fine. There has obviously been a lot of repair on this floor from time to time. It has sections that have been replaced. I have seen many of these old wood floors refinished, like in the Old Market in Omaha Neb. They look old but nice. I want to have a finish that I can clean. That I won't worry about spills on it etc. I just can't imagine how one can sweep a floor that has these gaps for dirt to get caught in. I suppose any proffesional would think I am crazy to do this, but I think it would look nice sanded and finished. Just those darn gaps. I cannot relay this floor, It wouldn't make sense, since the size of the planks are ok just the part over the tounge broken off. Not all of them are this way, but close to 50% of the floor is. Besides, the nails are huge and I would not have the expertise, or time to do this.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC