> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Am I at risk?
Login | Register

Am I at risk?

Posted by SH on April 10th, 2003 02:10 AM
In reply to aspestos by Drew on July 30th, 2002 07:55 PM [Go to top of thread]

I have been working for 6 years in a small office located inside a large industrial type shop, about a year ago the ceiling in the shop started to fall. The landlord would not do anything about it, so my boss had a couple of our employees tear down this portion of ceiling. This created alot of dust for about two weeks or so. (The debris and dust was in the loft constructed above my office - the air conditioner and duct work leading into my office are also in the loft).
Well, now another portion of the ceiling is falling down and the landlord's wife wants to replace it. I was informed by her repair company that since the building is about 24 years old there is a really good chance of asbestos in the ceiling material. He will hang visqueen and must take necessary precautions when removing debris. Should I be concerned about my initial exposure a year ago, and what about the up coming repair? Should I clear the building for a period of time to prevent exposure to any of my co-workers? and if so for how long?
Hope to hear from someone who knows their asbestos info. Thank you

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC