> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > aluminum repaint
Login | Register

aluminum repaint

Posted by pb on January 19th, 2000 12:45 AM
In reply to Painting aluminum siding by Al on January 18th, 2000 02:13 PM [Go to top of thread]

I have done more than 200 aluminum siding repaint jobs over the past 15 yrs, and have tried every brand of paint that I'm aware of. One product stands out, and that is the top grade Sears Weatherbeater satin(black can). It does an outstanding job for this specific purpose. And no, this isn't a plug due to the Sears connection. In fact I don't use any other Sears paint product for any purpose. Wash down the oxidation well, and apply 2 coats. No matter what they say, there isn't a paint on the market that can provide first rate looks and durability with one coat.
Scraping, sanding, wire brushing of loose, flaking paint is pretty straightforward. Don't need to spot prime
I've always had excellent results. Aluminum and Weatherbeater are a great combo.
My paint jobs tend to still look pretty decent at 10 yrs, and I've never had a paint job "bleed" over any length of time. I'd guess Ron's just had different experiences than me, don't know.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC