> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > also in mold land...
Login | Register

also in mold land...

Posted by timjowers on October 17th, 2002 10:32 AM
In reply to Roof leak damage by Dave Bergeron on March 22nd, 2001 07:22 AM [Go to top of thread]

Dave, this mold can be a SERIOUS problem. I'm really suspect of your daughter being "allergic" to mold. All mold produces toxin. Stachybotry's is prolific and I think that is the family (species?) generally used in making weapons. But others are also toxic and may infact be linked to cancer in women etc. We ended up ripping out all carpet, killzing walls, and still taking steps. I also have a problem that the insurance company denied claim for water damage. Some insurance companies seem to have a policy of not paying claims. My suggestion is to get a mold inspector/home inspector to get the leak validated professionally. Take lots of pictures. Get your daughters blood tested for mold toxin. And talk to a lawyer. This mold is serious business which the builders and insurance companies seem to have been sweeping under the rug for many years. We have to take steps to get the building code updated etc.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC