renovateyourworld.com > Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > AIR COMPRESSORS
Login | Register

AIR COMPRESSORS

Posted by MARK IN NH on July 7th, 1999 10:36 PM
In reply to Air Compressors by R Gates on July 7th, 1999 09:52 PM [Go to top of thread]

I CURRENTLY OWN THE 2HP HITACHI AND HAVE FOUND IT TO BE QUITE SATISFACTORY. JUST GET THE KIND YOU ADD OIL TO AND NOT THE OILLESS - THEY SEEM TO LAST LONGERR (PROVIDING YOU CHECK THE OIL!). SENCO MAKES EXCELLENT AIR TOOLS, OWN A SNF60 FRAMING GU AND ONE OF THEIR FINISH NAILERS AS WELL (DON'T REMEMBER THE MODEL #).

I HAVE HAD NO PROBLEM RUNNING TWO GUNS AT THE SAME TIME, THE UNIT JUST CYCLES MORE FREQUENTLY. DON'T BOTHER TRYING TO RUN A DA SANDER OR OTHER HIGH AIR USE TOOL - THE MACHINE CAN'T KEEP UP.

I HAVE A SEARS UNIT (ABOUT 10 - 12 YO) IN MY BARN WHICH I USE TO DO SOME AUTO REPAIR/AUTO BODY WORK. IT IS A 5HP 220V MODEL WITH A 30 GAL TANK - IT HAS TAKEN A BEATING BUT KEEPS ON TICKING.

AS FAR AS NAILERS FROM SEARS, MY PERSONAL OPINION (sorry bob V) IS DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY. SENCO, AIRY, PORTER CABLE AND STANLEY BOSTISCH ALL MAKE EXCELLENT TOOLS USED BY THE TRADES & ARE ARE WORTH EVERY PENNY - IN MY OPINION.

JUST SOME THOUGHTS - HOPE IT HELPS.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC