> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Agreed
Login | Register

Posted by Tim Jarrett on October 19th, 1999 12:54 AM
In reply to More... by Billy on October 18th, 1999 10:57 PM [Go to top of thread]

I would agree that an informed custumer is a better one, and I am sorry that you had a rough time, but I don't put the particulars in writing, like I would when putting in new hardwood, refinishing is very much an art and alot of factors determine what I do, like putty, if there are nail holes or sratches they should be filled, but seams should not, so if someone tells my custumer to fill the seams, then I look lke I am avoiding doing something, that should not be done.

I do agree though, with there being no downside but it is a slippery slope, there are many opinions and teqniques and the basic steps can vary from floor to floor, in the end my opnion is, the floor is mine while I'm working on it so what I say goes, I don't make a doctor put in writing how he/she is going to handle my prostate exam I just trust it's not going to fall out.:)LOL

But seriously, there are good guys and bad, the bad cause us all grief. Most Contractors take alot of pride in their work and want a satisfied custumer because thats how we get more business.

Do some Homework, check references, sign a contract, keep an informed eye on progress and express disatisfaction, that's all a consumer can do, but there are still going to be mistakes and bad results, it's how we handle the "mistakes" that shows our character, not how we handle the "takes".
(Hey, I made that up!)

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC