> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Agree to disagree on this comment
Login | Register

Agree to disagree on this comment

Posted by Moderator, Steve on February 9th, 2003 11:55 AM
In reply to Faulty Primer by Mr. Paint on February 8th, 2003 05:24 PM [Go to top of thread]

First hand experience with this similar situation with any home centers.

Home centers will turn over the complaints to the paint manufacturer for diagnosis and field testing to determine the cause. The manufacturer will normally reimburse or credit the center for a paint refund to the customer but not the labor involved in the complaint. The labor and other credits are iniated from the manufacturer. A brand of paint sold and a home center has a life time warranty but has soo many litigations against it currently that they will accept the loss as a price of business. Nothing will be done.

Now at a Paint Dealer who is only in business to sell paint will follow through on any complaint and determine the cause in most cases and settle in some way. I have used this service many times in the past with quick and courtious service. But as MR PAINT stated its harldy every the product is the prep and the surface area and the weather.

If your particular complaint has to do with a brand of paint sold at a home center, I would step in line and initiate your litigation for settlement. But while your wait I would begin to protect your investment with new paint and new preparation.

Where paint will always fail: Latex for example on exterior.

applying in direct sunlight on a very hot day where flash drying occurs.
applying paint when night temp falls below 55 degrees.
applying paint to chalky surfaces
applying paint to incompatible primer surfaces
applying paint when too humid
applying paint to a primed surface that the wood has not completely dried out.
applying paint to surfaces that are not ready for paint due to prep needed.

Soo many different things to consider.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC