> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Agree, And More ...
Login | Register

Agree, And More ...

Posted by Jay J -Moderator on July 26th, 2001 08:42 PM
In reply to My $.02 by Henry in MI on July 26th, 2001 05:50 PM [Go to top of thread]

Hi Sandy,

I waited for 'someone else' to reply before I did. I just wanted to see if my 'thoughts' were shared alike.

W/That, I agree w/Henry. The other consideration is that your 'community' may already (or in the future) require that Lead in the home be 'disclosed' when the home is put up for sale. Although it's cheaper to 'encapsulate' the Lead, you have to figure how may Buyers you'll have when you tell them there's Lead in the paint? And if you don't tell them, and they happen to find out later on, (which DOES happen), good luck explaining yourself in the lawsuit.

In short, it's safest to have the lead either removed, or have the walls/trim ripped out and totally replaced. You'll have to check w/your Municipal Inspector if you need a Lead Abatement Professional to do the work. Perhaps you can do it yourself, I don't know. Ask a few sources; NOT just one.

My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J -Moderator

PS: If there is trim or if there are doors that have lead paint, and you want to keep them, it can be stripped by a Pro. They usually just 'dip' them in tubs of paint stripper and wash them (properly) so they can be painted. They may even sand them and prep them too ...

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC