> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Advice ...
Login | Register

Advice ...

Posted by Jay J -Moderator on December 29th, 2002 07:36 AM
In reply to question about sloping floors by jan on December 28th, 2002 08:36 PM [Go to top of thread]

Hi jan,

First, be SURE you select a Home Inspector (HI) of your own choosing. Don't use one that's recommended by either the Seller or the Real Estate Agent. Potential conflicts of interest may exist. Visit ASHI Home Inspectors for a good lead. I suggest you find an inspector that has some 'expertise' in Structural Engineering (or the like) with home inspections. Start by asking what their background was along with what did they do for work BEFORE they were a HI.

From where I'm sitting, the Engineer / HI is the best judge to tell you if the house is still 'moving', or not. My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J -Moderator

PS: God Bless America!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC