> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Adjusting The Float ...
Login | Register

Adjusting The Float ...

Posted by Jay J on September 21st, 1999 09:11 AM
In reply to toilet problems by Tim Wilson on September 20th, 1999 08:18 PM [Go to top of thread]

1 of 1 people found this post helpful

There is a float mechanism inside the tank that can be adjusted to allow more water in it. However, if it's a low-flush toilet, what you see as a small puddle may be all you'll get even at the MAXIMUM adjustment.

I suggest this. If you have another toilet that made by the same mfgr, and its water level is to you liking, inspect the 'insides' to see how it compares to the one that has the small puddle. (The mfgr's name is usually found on the underside of the tank's lid.) You may have to visit the homes of a few friends to find one that's like yours but that's all I can suggest. Once you DO make the 'find', adjust the float. When you get to that point, post up again with what you know about the toilet and the float and we'll see what we can do. If you want to hit a book store, go ahead and buy a book on General Plumbing to see if you're up to doing it yourself. It's a lot less expensive than calling a plumber. Just make sure the book has this 'job' described in it.

My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC