> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > adjuster
Login | Register


Posted by Tom on June 21st, 2000 02:12 PM
In reply to Wow !!! by Jay J on June 21st, 2000 09:43 AM [Go to top of thread]

Jay is correct on some points, most homeowners insurance policies do require the homeowner to mitigate the damages (Keep the damage from spreading) There are service companies out there that will do water extraction and their charges should be covered under the your homeowner policy. Hiring your own adjuster is not necessary and the fees they charge are NOT covered under the homeowner policy. Their fees are generally based upon a percentage of the final settlement, and could reduce the amount of money you have to make the repairs. The best advice would be to select a reputable contractor that will do the repairs and have them to review the estimate that the insurance company prepared, and if they have any questions about the pricing or the damages they can call your adjuster.
Good luck.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC