1 of 1 people found this post helpful
A fireplace always adds value to a house. But my guess is that you'll have a bit (i.e. a LOT) of repair to do. (e.g. flue liner, repointing bricks...)
Also, the "exposed" brick that you would uncover may not be in good shape, as it may not have originally been exposed. (Probably originally plastered over, except for around the hearth.)
Also, it may not have been a fireplace - it may just have been a flue for the furnace and/or kitchen stove.
Have a mason/chimney sweep take a look at it. (They should charge less than $100.)
© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC