> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Adding iso-octane to an incendiary event
Login | Register

Adding iso-octane to an incendiary event

Posted by Kim Major on February 3rd, 2002 06:32 AM
In reply to CCA, Treated Wood, Wolmanized Treated Wood by Moderator, Steve on February 2nd, 2002 07:30 PM [Go to top of thread]

First, I am sure that the industry is doing this just to put Steve: out of business. They, too, know that this board needs him too much.

Second, the treaters will be able to sell CCA treated wood until October, 2004--unless Steve buys a full years cutting before then. The retailers will be able to sell the CCA treated wood as long as they have inventory.

Third, the treaters will soon use up all the CCA in their tanks and then just replace it with ACQ. If you tell me what CCA really stands for, I'll tell you the same for ACQ--but you will not believe the last word anyway. It really is about the same stuff but without the arsenic. And the copper will kill you also, as will some really dangerous chemicals in trees/wood that nature provides for us.

I hear that the treaters are so upset and concerned about the viability of the new product that they will continue with exactly the same warrantees with ACQ as with CCA. Of course, they were meaningless anyway, but they sounded like they meant something. Was this talking about this change or the warrantees? Oh, well, same thing.

You might check your local newspaper if you want facts--or websites that do their homework.

Kim Major

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC