> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Add-on Spell Checker
Login | Register

Add-on Spell Checker

Posted by Dan O. on January 11th, 2003 03:02 PM
In reply to Some points discussed and by Moderator, Steve on January 11th, 2003 10:04 AM [Go to top of thread]

** have we ever discussed spellcheck on this forum. Can't ever find the dictionary and I always have to reword what I want to say because of a word I can't spell. **

I use a shareware spell checker add-on for Windows. You just highlight the text to check and press [Ctrl][Alt][F12] (at the same time) and it pops up and checks the text. It can be used on just about any web form and also in combination with other programs as well. It is available at Michael Quinion Associates

It doesn't help if you use the wrong word correctly spelled though. I often type "you" where I meant to type "your", etc. :(

** whenever I post a message and want to go back to the board, instead of going back to where I was,it takes me to the top of the page. **

You can open the message in a new window, reply to it then close that new window and still have the original page index in front of you. To open a link in a new window, right click the link (on Windows computers) and select "Open in New Window" (or something to that effect).

Dan O.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC