> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > acrylic clawfoot to make the plumbbing fit
Login | Register

acrylic clawfoot to make the plumbbing fit

Posted by frank parisi on January 14th, 2003 08:07 AM
In reply to Go to PLBG.COM and ask a real plumber... by J.C. on September 12th, 2000 10:00 PM [Go to top of thread]

Recently I purched a new double thick acrylic 48" clawfoot tub from authentic treasures. It looks great, only weighs 145 lbs, and fits the space well. After about 6 phone calls to their customer service dept. regarding the correct drainage fixtures for this tub, I am still unable to figure out how to install these chrome pipes. For instance: the peice that screws in the bottom of ther tub (from the inside),and meets with the horizontal drain pipe(elbow) underneath, does not reach it's female counter part. It is off by about 3/8 of an inch. The people at Authentic treasures say I need to "Dremmel" the openning from below so that this "universal " peice will make contact with the drain piece above. Why would a tub that cost over $1000 need to be cut up by it's owner in order to install it?

I am replacing a toilet. The waste line on the floor is not totally level, but is close. What can be used to level the toilet out? Is plaster of paris the way to go, and if so how much (in inches) can be used to compensate for a 100 year old house that has settled?

Thank you.
Frank Parisi

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC