> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > About your added thought
Login | Register

About your added thought

Posted by BJ in GA on January 17th, 2003 06:46 PM
In reply to one added thought- by David on January 15th, 2003 07:22 PM [Go to top of thread]

I really appreciate the thought but you would never believe how inexpensive this is and I am sure the geographical area has a lot to do with it: In this one city in Alabama, used double wide homes in excellent condition cost around $4500-5500 as is. Of course the less they cost, the more work is required and too, these people will bargain with you on the price. There is one double-wide for around $4500 that I like and the single wides are dirt cheap. My existing single wide was $1,500 and I got it for $750.00 and the single, that I am looking at now are $500-750. That's right hundred. There is another lot that totally refurbishes theirs used homes and doubles sell for $30,000-40,000 and singles are 1,700-2,500. Almost all used houses need roofs and mine was no exception. Otherwise, my house is in very good condition. The foundation is sound: the floors are solid, the siding is in good condition. Replacing walls is the largest job to be done because of the leaky roof that I had initially, which caused damage of the walls around the windows. The floor plan is beautiful, I just need more space in some rooms and just more rooms.

One mover is charging me $2500 as opposed to $4,000 (because of the distance)to move a single-wide house. A double would cost more because it is a more hazardous because it is not closed in on all four sides. Two singles are cheaper by $1,000.00. If I was moving my single to somewhere in this city in Alabama, it would cost me only $1500. And! I have two friends who are licensed/insured mobile home transporters.

My point is that renovation, plus the cost of two houses, (1500) and the moving expense of $2500, (a minimum total of ($4000) will not cost me like a $4500 double wide, plus $4,000 to move it ($8500 minimum)plus renovation expenses.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC