> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > A thought about mold.....
Login | Register

A thought about mold.....

Posted by Scott on February 26th, 2002 09:03 PM

I have been building new homes,condos,apartments,etc for some years now.New construction sits pretty much open to the elements.That means rain and snow can and often do soak roofs,walls,and floors. I have seen the underside of plywood floors covered with black and green...stuff...(mold?)Fire walls between condo units aren't always masonry but drywall,4 layers of 5/8 or 2 layers of 1 inch,three and four stories high!This gets really wet when it rains or the snow melts.I have seen it turn black.Then weeks later it all gets covered with drywall and painted,carpet, pictures on the walls,kids growing-up...with health problems.What is up?Are we wrapping new homes too air tight?Never heard much about this problem until the last few years.Now it's a big concern and rightly so.They have closed schools and buildings,public and private because of this.I have seen where people have had to walk away from their homes new and old because of mold.I some how feel this is a problem that can be delt with in the construction of a building...but how?Feeling a bit responsible.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC