> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > a thought...
Login | Register

a thought...

Posted by jb on August 29th, 2000 12:27 PM
In reply to Ridge Vents by Darrell on August 27th, 2000 09:10 PM [Go to top of thread]

First of all, I hope you either have large gable vents or you have soffit vents and "vent keepers" (styrofoam spacers between the plywood and the rafter bay insulation) or the ridge vane was all for naught. I have NEVER seen any brand of ridge vent leak unless installed incorrectly. Many require that the vent be shingled to waterproof it. Maybe your contractor didn't do this.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC