> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > A tea kettle?!
Login | Register

A tea kettle?!

Posted by Bruce M on February 17th, 1998 09:49 PM
In reply to Electric hot water heater by David Letemplier on February 16th, 1998 09:07 AM [Go to top of thread]

Hi David
Ghislain, if he indeed services water heaters routinely, will know far more about this than I and I would defer to him for noises coming from inside your WH. However, your remark about sounding like a tea kettle would bother me just a tinsy-winsy bit.

The T/P (temperature/pressure) valve on the top or side of your water heater is designed to open when the water temp gets too high or the water pressure gets too high, or both. Check the pipe coming from this T/P valve to make sure there is no water coming out. If there is, I'd look at your water temp setting....could be a bit high.


Bruce M

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC