> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > A start...
Login | Register

A start...

Posted by Larry on October 17th, 2000 05:20 PM
In reply to building a show all in ceramic tile by Nancy L on October 17th, 2000 08:08 AM [Go to top of thread]

First of all for an area that small you will most certainly want a door or curtain of some kind. Water will spray out. That is unless you are considering adding a half wall within the shower but then you will have even less space so I wouldn't drop the soap if I was you. Just kidding but unless your shower pan area is recessed into a cement foundation you will have a difficult time building a water tight shower pan with a wall in the way which is very important.

Here are some basic instructions to help you prepare you walls for tile. I am assuming your plumbing is already in place.

Attach 15 pound roofing felt using a staple gun to studs of shower starting the first row at the bottom. Install each additional row over the previous row overlapping about 6" - 8". Install the felt paper to the ceiling also. This is your vapor barrior.

Install Shower Pan. Treat this pan with care during your tile installation so you don't poke any holes in it.

Install Cement Backerboard and Tile. Don't forget to tape and mud the backerboard joints.

Good Luck!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC