> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > A question on trim
Login | Register

A question on trim

Posted by Mike on January 30th, 2003 07:39 AM
In reply to It's the painted edge, Mike by David on January 29th, 2003 07:25 PM [Go to top of thread]


I posted earlier on the drywall question. I was replacing tape joints in existing drywall and wetsanding was leaving an edge. Thanks for the replies.

I have finished the drywall work in a bedroom, and in the process of painting it. On one window, the trim does not sit flush to the drywall.

This house was built in 1921 and rennovated in 1980. Virtually nothing is square, but the windows have been replaced and the walls have drywall.

Structurally, the drywall has no water damage. It appears a stud under the window is not lined up with the others. There is a max of about 1/8" gap at various places.

What's the best way to handle this? Caulking the gap with latex caulk. What is painter's caulk?

I'd like opinions.

I would like to say this forum is great.


Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

  • caulk by dougseibert2001  1/30/03 02:31 PM
  • drywall by Robert  7/25/03 06:24 PM

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC