> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > A Popular Question ...
Login | Register

A Popular Question ...

Posted by Jay J on July 5th, 2000 03:02 PM
In reply to Pergo floors and pets? by Aaron B on July 5th, 2000 02:42 PM [Go to top of thread]

This question gets asked a lot. You know, I've succumbed to the fact that IT DEPENDS.

If your dog and/or cats do a lot of running around and such, you're gonna get scratches. The question is, do you care if you see them? Walking and probably 'trotting' on the floor isn't a problem. It's what they do with their claws when they go sliding around and such.

You also have to realize that Pergo is relatively inexpensive flooring. It's a laminate. If water gets underneath, it will ruin a plank. You can't replace them. They're glued down. And when it wears out, you throw it away in its entirety and get a new floor. I understand your concern.

There are other options. True hardwood flooring adds value to your home. YOu can lay down area rugs and runners and 'mats' where there is people (and animal) traffic. (Basically, the 'perimeter' areas are left exposed.) True, you don't get to experience 100% of the floor but you get other benefits. Why not trim their nails? Animal lovers do it all the time.

Other than that, we'll see what others have to say. Personally, I LOVE a true hardwood floor (NOT a look-alike.) The value AND the sound are not the same. My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC