> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > A Place To Go With Craftsman / Warranty-Related Issues ...
Login | Register

A Place To Go With Craftsman / Warranty-Related Issues ...

Posted by Jay J on June 7th, 2000 08:40 AM

Hi all,

(Yes, it's me.) Just for kicks, I decided to do a little research. I searched the WEB using keywords like 'craftsman' and 'warranty' and 'problem' and so on. Lo and behold, I found what I thought was a utopia for Terry (aka Keiser) and Joe (aka Power_Learner) to 'vent' their Craftsman issues. BUT, I see that the both of them are already there ...

Interestingly enough, other than the 2 of them, I read that there's one more 'guy' that has Posted something about the Craftsman problem. At the same time, interestingly enough, the Warranty statest that the 'holder' may have other certain legal rights in addition to the warranty (in some words like that.) I guess what that 'means' is that if they feel the warranty isn't being honored or properly honored, there may be 'other legal remedies' for them. THAT, I know, is true but whether or not they have 'other legal remedies' is left for their lawyer and/or court system. I do know that it's generally accepted that a replacement is left up to the Warrantor as to replacing a product with a similiar product, or refunding their money. One may need a receipt too. THAT'S where the courts will set everyone straight!

I will be visiting these 2 sites from time to time to see 'how things go' for these 2 guys (and others). If there is an actual class-action lawsuit, I'd like to know when it goes to court. I don't know if this would be the first such suit against the Craftsman Warranty. (There may have been others but I'm not privey to them.) Anyway, here are the sites that you can go to and look for Terry (Keiser) and Joe (Power_Learner). FWIW, enjoy ...

Joe's Craftsman Gripe Site(or whatever) and Craftsman Talk

Oh, just for fun, I thought I'd share w/you-all that Sears/Craftsman isn't alone. Just as one would expect, there are OTHER 'places' with similiar problems. I'm sure if I looked hard enough, I could find similiar 'problems' with every store in America! If that were the case, where would we shop??!

WalMart (Stinks)

Jay J

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC