> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > A New Candidate
Login | Register

A New Candidate

Posted by Catherine on May 6th, 2000 09:44 AM

I have just purchased a wonderful new home that was built in 1923 in Takoma Park, MD. Takoma Park is known for it's historic homes. My home is a 1047 square foot, one level cottage that has an abundance of character and charm. The previous owner had started some renovations, but lost the house before completion. The house has been vacant for just about 2 years. A new ceiling was added, however there is no entry to the attic. From the outside of the quaint cottage, you can see a window on what appears to be a second floor. Another big problem, is the basement or cellar door. The basement is damp and the home inspector says the main reason is the door that leads to the area. I have heard a dozen different ideas from contractors to architects on how to redesign and reconfigure the entry way, but I just don't know which is the best way. If you are doing a show on summer cottages, historic homes or restoring entry ways to crawlspaces, attics and basements my house is the perfect candidate.The cedar wood shingle roof is in good conditions, however there is a small tin roof on the side that needs to be replaced. I am sure I have something in my house that you can do a show on, or in fact, have a series of shows about the renovations on Catherine's Cottage! The house is located on Carroll Ave. There is a stunning magnolia tree in front of the house. The property is graced with a variety of trees from lilac and black walnut to a pine tree on the side. Consideration for your show would be greatly appreciated. Advice and tips are also welcomed.
Catherine Evans

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC