> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > A Master?
Login | Register

A Master?

Posted by Bruce M on May 12th, 1998 09:58 PM
In reply to Master Carpenter by Joe on May 12th, 1998 02:00 PM [Go to top of thread]

Hi Joe
I think the best way to do that is have somebody with money and influence call you one :-)

A 'Master' or 'Journeyman' is an older term used when my dad ran a team of carpenters on his construction crew. The most senior and experienced carpenter was called the 'Master Carpenter', while the most junior were called 'apprentices' or later 'Rookies'. Today, I just don't hear those terms used anymore.

Maybe others on this board have more recent experience.

Bruce M

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC